Thursday, July 25, 2013

Last email from the MTC- July 25, 2013


                                                                                                           July 25, 2013

 

Hello everyone!



    Well, this is the last email I will send from the CCM because I leave for the mission field bright and early Tuesday morning! Ahhhhh!!! I think that is going to be almost scarier than leaving home for the MTC. :) This week has been a good one. I don't think I mentioned before that I was called to be a Sister leader and I'm in charge of coordinating the music for all the devotionals/firesides/sacrament meetings for a few weeks here at the CCM. I’ts fun! I enjoy it. And I get to go to the Leadership meetings each Sunday morning. Other than that I’ts been a pretty normal, uneventful week. I'm definitely going to be sad about leaving here though. I have gotten so close to my district. It's crazy how close we've gotten to each other after being together for 16 hours a day for six weeks :) I'm so grateful that all of the hermanas will be in my mission. Apparently there are only 14 sisters in our mission currently, and with the 13 of us (9 from our district and 4 others) that are coming in we will be doubling that number! It will be interesting to see how training and everything will go. We are going to miss our elders (who are going to Cochabamba) but it´s ok. We are already planning mission reunions for when we're all home :)

     Oh! We were talking to our teacher who served in the Lima East mission, and he said that every Lima missionary gets to go to the temple once a transfer. So that's exciting! I love love love the Lima temple. This morning was our last time going for a while though. Hopefully we'll be back soon :) The computers are being really slow right now so I am going to send what I've written so far and hope it will send, and if not I'll have time to re send it. Oh! I just remembered. This Sunday is the Peruvian Independence day so we are going to have a mini celebration which will be fun. Also, we are going out proselyting again on Saturday! I'm excited :) Ok. I'll send what I have and hope it works. Love you all!

 

 Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Shelton.  

No comments:

Post a Comment