Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Helloooo everybody!

I can hardly believe another week has come and gone. I love hearing from all of you and for all the stories and quotes that you share. They really help and I love hearing about what’s going on at home!

Tell Grandma Cutler Happy 98th for me! Wow. I look forward to being there for her 99th birthday :) Also! I can`t believe I forgot to put this in last week’s email. Tell Ashley congrats on her mission call! I bet Holly is excited that she is going to Spain, and I am excited that we will be able to talk in Spanish when we all get home :) A girl in my ward just left last week for the Portland Oregon mission, and I told her to look for Maddi....but. They probably won’t meet. I didn`t realize Maddi was getting home so soon! Wow.

Also, Mom I got the package this week! Thank you! I love all the pictures. Also, I finished reading the conference ensign in two days. I love general conference so much! It was great to be able to read the talks I missed and to be able to read them all in English :)

Exciting news of the week. Elder Oaks is coming to our mission on Saturday! Eeeeeee! 

This last week we had the marriage of a less active family. I have pictures I want to send, but Hna Valdivia told me that the last time she tried sending pictures in this internet cafe it erased her memory card. sooo... I probably won’t be sending any pictures for a while. But there was one moment during the wedding that just was a "everything is worth it" moment. The family has two little kids, and after they had their first dance together their two little kids joined them. They were all dressed in white and were dancing in a circle together, and it was so sweet. They now have a goal to be sealed in the temple in one year from now. And it just made me realize, that is why we are here. So families can be together forever. 

We have been struggling a little, my companion and I to find new investigators. Well this last Sunday we fasted for that purpose and had two awesome experiences. On Wednesday we went to visit a less active young woman, and instead found her dad! He said that he had attended church before, but when we introduced the plan of salvation to him he said he`d never heard about it. He let us in and we taught him the first part of lesson two, and invited him to be baptized and he accepted! He wasn`t able to come to church this week, but we feel good about him and are excited to work with him, meet his wife, and continue working with his daughter. Also, yesterday as we were walking down the street and older lady stopped us, and asked if we could teach her about the gospel. Of course we said yes! and she asked if we could teach her right then. So we did, and she invited us back to her house this Wednesday because she wants to hear more and wants us to teach her children as well. 
Heavenly Father answers prayers!

I wanted to tell you a super cute story from a family home evening we had last week but there isn`t time. Remind me next week to tell you! 

I hope all is well at home and that everyone is happy and are reading their scriptures and saying their prayers every day! It’s the little things that count.

Love you all!
Hermana Shelton


My zone leader just forwarded us a picture of our zone. Here you go! This is my new zone, zona Collique. My companion is the one in the tan, to the right of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment