Monday, December 9, 2013

Still in Independencia

                                                                                                                                            Dec. 9, 2013

Hello Everyone!

Not much time this week, but I`ll write as fast as I can :)

So just like I thought would happen I am here in Independencia for at least one more cambio. I am most likely going to finish training Hna Espinoza here and then be transferred in the next cambio in January. We are living in our new apartment in our area and it is SO GREAT. I love living in our area and being so close to all of our investigators and the members. Our apartment is small, but cute. The walls are painted in happy colors. In our study room the walls are bright green, in the main room/where we sleep the walls are bright orange, and in the bathroom the walls are bright yellow. But that is normal for here in Lima. :) All of the houses are painted bright colors like that on the outside as well. For example, the outside of our house is teal. :) We live on the third floor of a house that is owned by a really sweet family. Their entire family (grandparents, kids, and grandkids) live in the house as well. Each family has their own little ''apartment'' and we have a little mini departmento on the third floor. We can walk up the stairs in front of our apartment to the roof which is awesome because we have a great view. You can almost see the ocean from there. :) On Christmas we are going to go up there to watch all the fireworks! The family is very religious (not LDS, Evangelical) but they like us a lot and we want to have a family night with them some time and invite them to come to church with us. We`ll see what happens :)

Health wise I am doing a lot better! The results from the tests said that my heart is healthy and normal. The tests did show (just like the ones that were done last year) that I have a heart arrhythmia and that sometimes my heart beats faster than normal, but they gave me some medicine to help next time I have an episode. Also I basically need to eat as healthy as possible, (absolutely no caffeine-which is every Peruvians favorite thing-I can`t drink Inca Kola anymore :( ) and I can`t have a lot of sugar or a lot of greasy fatty things. (which is pretty difficult tambien aqui en Peru :P) but hey. thats ok. My ward is super great. They have all been really supportive and have gone out of their way to cook lunches (we have lunch every day in the casa de un miembro) that are really healthy and they have been giving us homemade fruit juices instead of inca kola :)

I did get to watch the christmas devotional! it was awesome! And mom, brother Allen (the one who sent the picture) was here visiting our stake president who was his mission companion in Bolivia! cool, huh? I told them both that you served there as well, but you served about ten years before they did. :)

Oh. Weather wise. Summer is definitely starting. It is SO HOT. And I have been told that it is going to get worse. Bleh. Oh well. At least it’s finally sunny! Lima only sees the sun in the summer time so that is a plus.

Well, I have to go! our zone is going to go play volleyball and cook tacos for P-day, woo!  I`m excited.

I love you all and can`t wait to talk to you in a couple weeks! 

cuidese mucho!


Hermana Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment