Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy December!

                                                                                                                                         Dec. 2, 2013

Hello Family!

I am doing great, but this last week has been an interesting one. In answer to your question, yes I am still having episodes with my heart. Last weekend (like a week ago), and the weekend before that I had several, pretty bad ones consistently and was forced to stay in the house. I wanted to be out working but the zone leaders said no. :P They came over and gave me a blessing that was actually a really cool experience. My whole body had been shaking and as they started to put their hands on my head the shaking intensified. But as they started to give the blessing I felt a calm throughout my whole body and by the end of the blessing the shaking had stopped. After that I was able to relax and sleep and I felt a lot better. The power of the priesthood is real :)

But I am feeling a lot better! I had to go to the clinic in central Lima three times this past week for some tests (yes mom, the office got the test results you sent, thank you :)) and I will find out the results on wednesday. I haven`t had an episode in about 5 days and so I am doing great :) 
In answer to the weight loss question, I walk. A LOT: :) Also, we only really have one real meal a day in the house of a member for lunch and then we just have snacks and stuff in the house for breakfast and dinner. The reason for that is because we were living in a different area and didn`t live close enough to a member to have a pensionista and so we were on auto pension. But if you`ll notice I said we WERE living in a different area. Guess what? I moved this weekend! again! This was another miracle we saw this last week. So for the past 12 weeks all of the Hermanas in Zona Independencia have been living together in the area of our zone leaders. We have been looking and looking for mini departamentos in our areas but we could never find ones that fit all the prerequisites of the mission. Well, out of the clear blue Hna Espinoza and I decided to walk up a different street last Tuesday and much to our surprise saw a sign for a mini departmento! So we went and looked at it and it was PERFECT. We called the zone leaders immediately and they were able to come right then and we signed the deal and had ourselves a new home. But, the problem was that now the other Hermanas needed to find a place to live, ASAP because they couldn`t stay in our old one because of the cost (it was too much for only one companionship to pay) and also, the end of the month was this week and we needed to pay rent. Well, the very next day they went out and, what do you know? They found an apartment! Everything fell perfectly in to place and I could definitely see the hand of the Lord in it. It has been an absolute blessing to live with the other Hermanas and I think that we were supposed to live together for these past 12 weeks, but it was time to have our own apartment in our own area, and everything happened in the Lords timing :) 
So on Saturday the whole zone came over and first we moved out the hermanas de violetas, and then we moved out Hna Espinoza and I. I won’t lie, there were a lot of tears shed. Like I said, it has been an absolute BLESSING to have lived with them and I am going to miss it a LOT. but, everything happens for a reason and I am just so grateful for the opportunity I had to have 3 ¨companions¨ instead of just one :) (Literally, we did EVERYTHING together.) It’s gonna be weird adjusting I think. Especially because Hna Mamani (who I have been with every single day since I entered the field four months ago) finishes her mission today. Yeah. I am crying right now just writing to you about it. I am going to miss her SO MUCH. She was my mommy and has been such a big help to me as I have been training and I really don`t know what I am going to do without her. It is even more difficult because well, she is from Peru and I don`t know if I will have the opportunity to see her again in this life. But that just makes me even more grateful for the knowledge that I can see her again once we are all back with our Heavenly Father. I`ve never been very good with goodbyes and I knew that I would struggle with that on my mission, but wow. This is hard. Ugh. I am like, bawling my eyes out right now in the internet cafe :P haha. But! one of her goals in life is to travel to the United States and visit Temple Square and I told her that she always has a home in Utah with us if she is ever able to come :) 

In answer to your other questions, I have received every single story except....for the very first one :) haha. So I will start reading them tonight and hopefully the first story will get here soon. :)

Well, today is cambios and I am pretty sure I will be staying in my area to finish training mi hija but who knows? I`ll let you know in a week :) 

Well, I have to go. I love you all, MUCHO and hope everyone is happy and healthy at home. Jess. I can`t believe you are driving. BE CAREFUL. :) And make sure you look both ways when you are at an intersection that is only a two way and not a four way stop. Remember that experience mom? Hahaha :)

Les Quiero, cuidese!

Hermana Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment