Monday, October 21, 2013

"I'm gonna be a momma!"


                                                                                                                          October 21, 2013

 

Buenos dias Familia!

Como estan todos? Bien? Espero que si. Yo estoy muy bien tambien! Estoy muy feliz a estar aqui en Peru sirviendo una mision. Me encanta ser una misionera :)

So. I have officially passed the four month mark, and I also finished my 12 week training this past week. Which means.....President thinks I am ready to train. We have transfers today and last week in our interviews President told both Hermana Shriver and I that he was very happy with the work we accomplished together, especially cause we are both so new and don´t speak the language perfectly, and that now he needs us to train. So.tomorrow Hna Shriver is leaving to a new area to train a new latina and I will be staying in Independencia to train a new latina as well!

AHHHH!!!!

I am only freaking out a little bit. Ok maybe a lot. I feel very inadequate and the more I think about it the more I realize how much I don´t know, but if Heavenly Father and Presidente think I can do it, then I guess I can do it! But extra prayers this week would be very appreciated :) I don´t know much about my new companion, just that she is in the MTC right now and that she is from Guatemala. And I will meet her in the morning. I´m not gonna lie....I am really, really, sad that Hna. Shriver is leaving. We have had sooo many good times together. We just worked and got along really well, and that helped us so much. When you have unity in your companionship it reflects so much in the work you are able to do. We definitely, definitely had our challenges, and I think these past six weeks have been some of the hardest in my life, but also some of the happiest as well. I literally can´t believe how fast the time went! Ah! Time on the mission is SO weird. 

I was talking with Presidente during my interview last week and he was talking about this new generation of Sister Missionaries. I was telling him about how I was feeling inadequate and unprepared and nervous for training and he told me that with the age change for sister missionaries this is how it is for many sisters all over the world. We are part of the first wave of new sisters and with that it means the responsibility to train will fall on our shoulders for probably the entirety of our missions. But Heavenly Father didn´t send us here to fail, and his help will make up the difference for what I lack. We also had a mission conference this week with Elder Uceda, the area president here in South America, and he told us that the age change for the sister missionaries is not just a change in age, it is a fulfillment of prophecy of the Lord hastening his work here on the Earth. I still get chills when I think about that. I wish I could have recorded everything he said to us to send to ya´ll because the whole conference was INCREDIBLE. The spirit was so strong, I didn´t want to leave after it ended. 

Something else that Elder Christofferson said when he was here back in June is that, ¨The Lord isn´t waiting for more wickedness in the world before he comes, he is waiting for a more righteous people to come to. (Something along those lines, I´ll have to send you the exact quote in spanish if I remember to bring my journal next week) That is the reason why the Lord is hastening his work. It is time for everybody, everywhere to hear the message of the Gospel. The world doesn´t need to get worse, we just need to get better. Crazy, huh? Ah! Does that make any one else excited and scared all at the same time?! I just can´t believe that I am here, and am part of all of this. I feel so blessed and humbled to be a missionary right now.

 
Oh. Also, for the mission conference our zone got to sing again and I played the piano. The Elders sang ¨Brillan Rayos del Clemencia¨ (Brightly Beams our Fathers Mercy) and it was awesome :) I love that song. 


I forgot to tell you last week, but Hermana Schroader was emergency transfered two weeks ago. So we are down to four Hermanas in our zone. And that is how it is going to be for the next transfer as well. I am very, very grateful that we are still living in the same house as the other Hermanas because that means that my mommy (Hermana Mamani) will still be here to help me out :) This is also going to be her last transfer of her mission! She finishes in December. So, so, crazy. 

I hope everyone is doing well at home! I love and miss you all. Guess what? Only two more months until Christmas and we will get to talk on Skype! I can´t wait!

 
Tenga un muy bien semana y recuerda que hay un Hermana Misionera en Lima Peru que les ama mucho! Besitos y abrazos para todos!

 
Hermana Shelton

 

No comments:

Post a Comment