Monday, November 11, 2013

Hola Familia!


                                                                                                                            Nov. 11, 2013

 

Hola Familia!

 

How is everybody this week? Thanks for all the Halloween pictures! I love them! In answer to your question about the weather...It is supposed to be warming up and we have had a couple days where the sun is shining and it gets pretty hot, but right now it’s cold and cloudy again. Everybody keeps talking about how strange the weather is right now. Usually at this point it’s a lot warmer. I can`t wait for it to warm up! Although everybody keeps telling us that as soon as it warms up we`ll wish it was cold again. Apparently the heat and the humidity are horrible in January and February. 

That’s awesome that you made that connection with Lisa Capt because Hermana Nelson and I made that connection too! I know her daughter Carlee Capt from my seminary class at PG and also Mrs. Herrick from when we went to Disneyland for Nationals. Hermana Nelson and I have already decided that we are going to be best friends when we get home from our missions so you should definitely call her mom and get to know each other in advance :) 

I hadn`t heard about the Typhoon in the Philippines...that is so sad!! You will have to keep me updated. It’s crazy, but one of the things I miss a lot is knowing what’s going on around the world and being able to read the news every day. 

I am trying to think of what happened this week. Not a whole lot, really. The best part of the week was a new investigator we found. Last Sunday we were walking around our area and starting walking down the street. When I suddenly stopped and just looked at Hermana Espinoza and said, ^I think we should go the other way...^ So we did and as we were walking we passed by a man sitting outside of his house. He was sitting outside of this tent type thing (they put them up for parties and funerals and things like that here) and as we walked by I just knew that we needed to talk to him. So I walked up to him and introduced us and started talking to him. Well, we found out that they were getting ready for the memorial service for his wife who had passed away from cancer one month before. We were able to testify about the plan of salvation and eternal families and he invited us back to come talk to him. We went back on Tuesday and not only was C. (the man we contacted) waiting outside for us, but his youngest daughter (who just turned 8 years old) and his granddaughters who are 8 and 10, and several others in his family were all waiting for us. We have been able to have 2 lessons with them and during the last lesson he looked at us and said, “Just, tell me what I need to do to be with my wife again.” Hermana Espinoza and I just looked at each other and smiled, and said, “that is exactly why we are here.” We invited him to be baptized and he told us that he is going to pray about it and talk to his family and let us know this week. Also, those three little girls, (A. his daughter, and his two granddaughters) are like, my new best friends. We started walking down their street towards there house on Saturday for our second lesson and they were all outside waiting for us and as soon as they saw us I heard, “HERMANA SHELTON!!!” and they almost knocked me down with their hugs. I guess you could say that I love this family a whole lot :) 


Ok, I have to go.

Les Quiero Mucho!!!

Hermana Shelton

 

No comments:

Post a Comment