Monday, August 11, 2014

The week without a subject line...

Querida Familia,

Hola! Como estan todos? Me alegra mucho sus cartas y experiencias. I couldn`t believe it Em when you said school is starting soon! what?? Time is flying by so fast. Today is transfer day and I officially only have 3 transfers left. ahhh! again I say, WHAT?? way too fast is going the time. 

So it’s been a good week. Nothing too exciting. Actually kind of sad, remember that family we found that we were super excited about? That accepted baptism and everything? Well....they moved this week. Que triste mi vida. Pero bueno, que podemos hacer? Sigamos no mas. 
We did have a cool experience. I am pretty sure I´ve told you about Luz that we found her and her daughter as we were contacting trying to reach our goal of 32 lessons, well I feel like she is kind of our ''reward'' for working hard and being dilligent. Because last saturday we had had 8 lessons and it was 8 thirty at night. So we thought, we can look for one more lesson or go visit the familia sandoval and share a scripture with them. We started walking down the street and found....Hna L. and her daughter m.! We had a lesson with them out on the street and it went really well. And then this week we went and found her again and she was talking to a friend that as we started talking to her found out that her sons had been baptized but had gone inactive. She wants us to come visit them, and she commited to come to church this week! La hna L. that day was a little closed off and worried, and as we asked her why she said her daughter had gone missing a couple of days ago. Oh. Well, yeah, thats a reason to worry! She said she wouldn`t be able to come to church or concentrate really well in the lessons until she found her daughter and we said we understood, but that she would receive many blessings through coming. We said a prayer with her there, and then my companion and I kept praying throughout the week, and on saturday as we were walking down the street we ran into her again and she said that they found her daughter! Yay! She was really excited to come to church yesterday but wasn`t able to make it. Oh well. One miracle at a time :) 

So this week I have been feeling really tired, and kind of sad, feeling like we weren`t seeing the results that I wanted to see. My body wasn`t tired, it was more like my spirit was tired. But I read this scripture that I really love and want to share with you. It’s in Doctrine and Covenants 64 and it says, 

''And behold, I, the Lord, declare unto you, and my words are sure and shall not fail, that they shall obtain it.
 32 But all things must come to pass in their time.
33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
 34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.''

I like that it says, ''be not weary in well doing'' and that all we are doing is laying the foundation for a great work. Maybe we can`t see the fruits of our labor yet, but it is all worth it and will come forth in the due time of the Lord. This scripture really helped me a lot, and I hope it helps you too :) 

Well, I guess that’s about it for this week. Mom, I don`t think it’s a coincidence, I have had that talk by Elder Bednar sitting on my bed opened up in the Ensign all week, and was finally able to read it last night. I am going to print off your talk and read it this week. Thank you for sharing :) I am glad to hear it went well! Also, that is super good that you are studying Preach my Gospel! Start by learning the lessons. What you can do, is look up all the scriptures for the different principles, and then in Family Night you can do ''practices'' practicing teaching the different principles, just an idea :) 

Also, Holly I got your letter this week! Thank you! :) I am going to try to respond today, since we have a free p day :) Also, Dad, do you know if Grandma ever got my letter?

Bueno. Esto es todo por este semana. Que disfrutan su ultima semana de verano, y hablaremos la proxima lunes! Ustedes son lo maximo y las quiero muchisimo.

Como Siempre,

Hermana Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment