Monday, August 4, 2014

To the Rescue

Hola Familia!!

It’s been a good week, as always!

One of the good things about dias patrias is that everyone is on vacation, and they can all accompany us! This week we went on visits with the stake president and his wife, with the relief society presidency, with the elders quorum president, with a bunch of young women who presented us to some of their friends, and more! It was awesome! I feel like we got to know even better the members of the ward, and we met so many new less actives that they presented to us. 
This week we had 34 lessons! Woo hoo! Even more than the mission goal. 14 of those lessons were with less actives. The goal is usually around 6 or 7... But I love visiting the less actives.

I feel really grateful that I am a missionary in this time, where the focus is so much in going to the rescue. Our bishop in this ward is a really good example of that. We were talking with him on Thursday before correlation and he told us about how he has been able to help rescue some of the families that are super active in the ward now, and he really focuses on that. 

I feel like I teach and help better those that are less active as well. I love going to find them!! If all goes well this month we will have 9  ``rescued`` members. :) We are also teaching a family together with the elders that have accepted a baptism date at the end of the month! Their son was less active but had an ``experience`` (I`ll tell you about that one when I get home, ya?) And now we are teaching his mom dad and brother and sister! We teach the mom, and sister, and the elders are working with him, his dad, and his brother. 

Sorry this letter is so short! I hope all is well at home, thank you for your letters, and Jess, be careful out there on the roads you licensed driver, you! 

Que tenga un buen semana! Las quiero mucho!

Hermana Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment