Monday, May 19, 2014

11 months, today!

Hi all!

So as of today I have lived in Peru as a missionary for 11 months! How crazy is that? Time is just flying by so fast. 

Things are really good. Cambios are today and I could be leaving, or I could be staying, I could be getting a new companion or she could be staying! We don´t know yet but whatever happens I know I will be where Heavenly Father needs me to be. 
I have kind of been saying goodbyes just in case I leave and its been really sad. Hna Aquino and I have cried in like, 3 or 4 of our lessons these past few days. This really is that hardest part of the mission for me I think. Is just getting so close and so attached, and then having to say goodbye. Last night we were with Hna L. and N.

, and with the other sister missionaries in our ward, and I shared the scripture in Alma 17 that says, "And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."
Ok. I should say that I cried my way through sharing that scripture. Its fine though. We were all in tears. And I just bore my testimony that one of the hardest parts of our mortal existence is having to say so many goodbyes, but that the beautiful thing about the gospel is that they don´t have to be forever. And that one day we are all going to be together in the celestial kingdom with Heavenly Father if we just stay faithful. So we all cried together and then took pictures, and kind of laughed cause I was like, hey! maybe we don´t have cambios tomorrow and we´ll be doing this again in another 6 weeks! haha, I hope so! :) 
The bishops wife also said something super sweet to me yesterday. After church she gave me a hug and said she hoped that I wasn´t leaving yet. And she told me that the bishop told her that he hopes his son grows up and marries someone like Hna Shelton. Aw. That was one of the sweetest compliments I´ve ever recieved. 

We had a baptism this week! La Hermana J. She is the mom of one of the members of our ward. And she doesn´t actually know how old she is. We had to do some math and figuring to get an estimate on her birthday and age for her baptism record. She is about 70 years old and is super sweet. Hna Aquino and I just laugh and laugh with her in our lessons. Its a blast. She has a hard time hearing so when we taught her we had to take turns sitting super close and talking really loud in her ear so she could understand us. And if she didn´t understand what we said she gets a really confused look and her face, leans in and says, "¿como?" haha. 

This week has been super good! We had a lot of really good lessons and a couple families that we are really excited about! The work is moving forward in the good ol' barrio begonias. I love it here so much. Remember 4 and a half months ago when I said I knew I´d come to love it here as much as I loved Independencia? Its true. My little Peruvian family is just growing bigger and bigger. 

Well, I feel like I wanted to tell you more but I can´t remember now! I´ll have more news for you next week!

The pictures are from our baptism and the six missionaries in our ward with the bishop, his wife, and two of his kids.

Talk to ya´ll next week! Love you!!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Shelton



No comments:

Post a Comment