Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"Tirando Arriba"


Hello Everyone! Happy Birthday again Miss Abby.

I am sure I had things to tell you, but my mind is blank right now!

It’s been a good week. It was the last week of the transfer and my companion has been here in her first area for six months so we are pretty sure she is leaving, but we`ll see!

You`ll have to tell everyone hi for me at the family reunion! I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Ha, so usually I feel like I have so much to tell you about and there isn`t enough time, but today the only thing I can think of was a not so fun experience on Friday.

I love the food here in Peru, I really do. But sometimes it doesn`t love me. My companion and I had both been feeling pretty sick this week in our stomachs and especially on Friday. On Friday I woke up feeling super nauseous. We went to lunch and afterwards I just felt like all the energy had drained out of me. The family we were eating with (my favorite family here) could tell I didn`t feel so good so they gave me some herbal tea and some medicine for stomach aches. It must of worked cause we went back to the apartment and I laid down for a little bit and then as I stood up to get ready to leave I got super nauseous, and just threw up everything in my stomach. Unfortunately I hadn`t made it to the bathroom and so my poor sweet companion cleaned it up while I kept throwing up in the bathroom. After I had gotten everything out and I was cleaned up we were getting ready to leave to our next appointment when....I threw up again. But there wasn`t anything in my stomach except stomach acid. We then went to a members house who made me another herbal tea. And I threw up once in her house, and once in the street. After that we decided it was time to go back to the apartment. :P Sooooooooo that was a fun day. I feel better than I did then, but still not quite back to normal. 

Sorry I don`t have anything better to write about this week! Just know that apesar de todo (I don`t remember how to say that in English) I`m doing good and am happy!

Love you all!


Hermana Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment