Monday, September 9, 2013

Cucarachas, cucarachas, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh


                                                                                                      Sept. 9, 2013

Hello everybody!

 

There weren’t enough computers open for us today so I had to wait and don’t have a lot of time to write but I will try to write as much as I can!

 

If you can tell from the subject line we made some new friends this past week. (Cucaracha means cockroach in Spanish) Let me explain. We moved to a new apartment this past week! Thursday morning the Zone leaders told us they had a new apartment for us and Friday morning we moved in. We are still living with all six of the Hermanas, but now we are in a better apartment that is closer to the Zone leaders and is in a more secure area. Everything about it is great! Except for the fact that it was occupado before us. By a ginormous family of cucarachas. I am not even exaggerating when I say that yesterday night alone we killed 50 of them in the time frame of about, 15 minutes. So that’s been fun. But hey, we can always use more friends, right?

 

Someone else noticed also that we´d moved in and this morning our neighbors, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, knocked on our door to give us a pamphlet. So that was fun as well.

 

Oh man. It's been an interesting week. And today is transfers! It’s a possibility that our companionship might be split up so I'm pretty nervous right now. I wish they'd tell us before email time so I could let ya´ll know but oh well. 

 

Sunday was really good yesterday! We had one of our investigators, V., come to church and she is progressing quite nicely. We're really excited for her. Also, on our way to church we ran into a member who wanted to introduce us to a friend and his sister who were interested in the church and we were able to talk to him and he came to church as well!  It was definitely a miracle.

 

Well, I don't have any more time and I am sure I am forgetting so much, but hopefully I will have more time next week.

 

I love you all and can't wait to hear about your mission call Ky!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Con mucho mucho amor,

 

Hermana Shelton

 

P.S. That storm sounds crazy!!! I wish I could’ve seen it.

 

P.P.S. thank you for all the emails from everybody, I promise I will respond individually next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment